Friday, October 2, 2009

This Otter Keep Someone Warm

Whew!  I've finished the otter afghan as far as I could possibly get it before I needed to donate it for the zoo's auction.  The edges are finished, but the border of otter footprints that I had intended to include aren't there.  I'm offering to create a pillow/storage case with an otter on it at a later date.  I'm really happy with it, though.   The colors really worked out better than I thought they would when they were separate panels.  This project took nearly 70 hours of work since September 1st or thereabouts, and kept 12 plastic bottles out of a landfill and/or off a roadside by using Caron EcoSoft yarn - 100% post consumer recycled plastic.

Now on to create wine bottle holders and wine glass tags for Tug Hill Tomorrow's November event, along with items for my open house, and to finish a friend's baby blanket.  Taking a breather until at least tomorrow to let my hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder recover from all that work!   

2 comments: