Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tablecloths for the Holidays

I've decided to offer at least one lace tablecloth for sale at my Etsy site for the holidays. As an example of how yarn speaks during a project, and how creative projects evolve, I started making a baby afghan for a friend and realized that the pattern is too lacy for my taste. (I prefer making baby blankets with high contrast and lots of texture for the baby to enjoy.) The yarn I am using is a sport weight off-white organic cotton from Knit Picks that I am currently totally in love with. It's SO soft. I am making the six-sided motif with a 5.00 mm hook, so the blocks are quite large.

As I was working, I got thinking about the tablecloth I started last year for myself - of number 10 cotton crochet thread. Very small blocks. Will take me 20 years to finish. Why not make a tablecloth out of this??!! And, voila. The project has emerged. I could sell it - perfect for holiday time! So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment