Monday, August 31, 2009

Camping and Crocheting

Last week we went on vacation to our annual tent camping spot in the mountains by the pond. To be honest, I was kind of dreading it. Camping is never exactly easy, so it's not as if we were going to spend much time resting. The whole week before we left I would look around the house and fantasize about all the things I could get done with the boys off on a trip. I'd get that sofa recovered, that afghan made, that woodwork painted...

But there was no way I was going to not go on this trip, so I resigned myself and packed up. The week was really wonderful for me, much to my surprise. I had relatively mild allergy reactions to the fire smoke and pollen, and I really enjoyed the fresh air and fun. I mostly hung around camp, but did manage two canoe trips and two visits to a nearby natural history activity center that my boys loved.

I had finished my book by the fourth day in camp, so began again crocheting six-sided blocks for the tablecloth I have in progress. I have to say that I loved crocheting by my warm fire, listening to the breeze in the trees and the loons calling. My yarn stock stayed at my side in a plastic bag so that no camp dirt would be incorporated into the design, and I worked away peacefully in the folding camp chair, tea in the cup holder. I finished five blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment