Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Afghan Under Way - Thinking Otters!

While I wait for my Knit Picks order to arrive so that I can continue working on the tablecloth project, I have begun a new afghan that I plan on donating to our local zoo for their auction fundraiser. It's inspired by their newly completed otter exhibit!

I'm making panels representative of the otters' world - gray rocks, wavy stream water, wetland grasses and cattails, and clam shells. The border will have dark brown otter footprints on a tan background. I'm very excited about this project because it's a fun original design and I have a chance to do something good for a great local cause. Our zoo is truly a jewel in our community.

This year, I'm also contributing a fancy black clutch purse to our local day care center for their auction, and an undetermined item for our local land trust's auction. I'm hoping that at some point some custom work and purchases at my web site might result. In any case, I'm having a great time making unique, inspired creations.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Linda! What a great site you've put together, and your creations are wonderful!! When's that friends and family open house? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete